Link zur Seite versenden   Druckansicht öffnen
 

History

The main house at Fliederweg 1 was finished in 1941 and housed munitions workers for the arms and explosives factory located a few kilometers distance in the forest between Oderberg and Hohensaaten.

Grundriss

Image: Architectual Museum at the Technical University Berlin, Architect: Herta Hemmerbacher (1900-1985)

Shortly after 1945 the house was used as an orphanage.

 

Soon thereafter the building came into use as barracks fort he GDR Border Troups. In 1971 by official command from the National Defense Minister (MfNV) No. 152/71 the site was transformed into a compound for tank maintenance and repair.

 

The unit was to ensure “that the National People’s Army (NVA) had tanks and troops that were technically competent and ready-for-action.”

Wimpel NVA Dienststelle Oderberg

Image: Pennant, NVA Agency Oderberg

With the succession of the GDR to the Federal Republic of Germany on October 3rd, 1990, the NVA unit was officially dissolved. Afterwards the Federal Border Control ( Bundesgrenzschutz (BGS)) took over the property.

Luftbild incl Traglufthalle

Aerial photograft including the air dome, which was used as storage for the factory.

Landesvermessungsamt Brandenburg

The Federal Border Control (BGS), later the federal police, used the buildings as office spaces, in their effort to secure the border with Poland. The buildings and land were to be rennovated but there were apparently problems in working together with the city, and a new construction was mounted on the outskirts of Angermünde, which is still active in its function today.

 

The property was sold to private hands via auction in 2005. An elderly pair transformed office spaces in a ground floor section of the main house into an accessible apartment, where they spent their finals days. Following their passing, the main house stood empty for a couple of years, although all of the garages and warehouse spaces remained rented. In 2020 the house and land passed into the hands of the current owners.

 

Soon thereafter…: in the fall of 2020, the 27-meter-high smokestack, which was connected to a boiler room, was taken down brick for brick. The top 2 to 3 meters of the chimney was collapsing, and was a risk to people below. In the photo you see Manuel at work on a cold autumn day.

 

The roofs of the warehouses were then topped with photovoltaic cells.

 

And, last but not least, KuNaKu – House for Art, Nature and Culture gGmbH was founded!

Schornstein Abbau